October 29, 2009
Christmas comes early to Wheel Fanatyk as we add several long awaited models and styles of Ghisallo wood rims and a stylish warmup top.
(1) Palmeroni - A perfect replica of turn-of-the-century tubular style rims to support the semi pneumatic tires of the period. If your bicycle is a safety between 1898 and 1930, this may be the restoration ticket. The rim is 30mm wide and 20mm deep, with a 700C circumference. I only received 10 rims in 36 drilling, so don't delay.
(2) Pista - This slightly narrower, round profile tubular rim is now available in 32 and 36 drilling.
(3) Sport 650 - Some of the most elegant bikes of the recent era are being built around the famous 650B wheel size, the EU city bike standard. We now have a beautiful wood rim to match in both 32 and 36 drillings.
(4) Corsa - Ever since the Corsa was beefed up to 400g, we've been meaning to stock it in 32. Finally, they're in. This lovely profile, reminiscent of the Lobdell-Emory rims of the 6-Day Era, is great for rim brakes or track bikes.
(5) Ghisallo warmup tops are Italian made, feature a luxurious, all cotton fleece body and robust tri-color cuffs and collars. Stylish silver embroidery on front and back make this top a true collectible. We're stocking five sizes that run one size smaller than US custom.
Sleek, stylish, timeless.
I'm 5' 11", wear a men's 42 suit and generally fit garments labeled "large." XL is an excellent close fit for me and XXL would be best over several clothing layers.. We've marked these down from their normal $120 to $98 through year's end. Quantities are limited.
Wish your favorite cyclist "Buona Fortuna" this holiday with our classic Sanctuary Medallion from the Madonna di Ghisallo Chapel. And, of course, don't forget a gift certificate so your recipient can make his/her own plans for a special set of wheels for the New Year.
Here's hoping this Season brings you fine riding and family time.
Comments will be approved before showing up.